VOLUNTEER WITH THE BEYOND 21 CONNECT PROGRAM
The Connect Program is a volunteer-based befriending initiative that aims to cultivate social relationships between volunteers and adults with developmental disabilities. There are two ways you can get involved:
Individual volunteers are connected with a Beyond 21 program participant and spend one-on-one time exploring shared interests in the community. Volunteers and participants are carefully matched, taking each persons interests and personality into account. 1:1 Connections meet on a regular basis (minimum once monthly) and enjoy lots of fun activities – going out for coffee, sharing a meal, getting a manicure, attending a sports event or creative workshop, etc.
Hub Volunteers spend time connecting with and supporting the social involvement of Beyond 21 program participants in a supervised group setting. Activities take place on site at The Hub (our programming space) where volunteers are invited to share their talents and take part in different activities alongside participants (i.e. art, crafting, puzzles, card games, billiards, baking, etc.).
WE CAREFULLY SCREEN ALL OF OUR VOLUNTEERS!
Use the drop-down menus below to learn more about our screening process:
Check out our Current Opportunities page to see a list of volunteer positions we are recruiting for!
Befriending Volunteer Application Form (Adults Ages 18+)
If you are under the age of 18 please visit our Youth & Family Volunteering page
* Application forms can be submitted via email to email@example.com or mailed/delivered to 1500 Cumberland Street (Room 111), Cornwall, ON K6J 4K9 *
Having trouble filling out your application form digitally?
1. Click on the application form to open it in your web browser
2. Download the form & save it to your computer
3. Open the saved file with your PDF software
4. The fillable form is compatible with most PDF products (Adobe Acrobat, Nitro, Reader, etc.)